This product has been restored back to like new condition.
Brisk, cool, cold, or downright frigid—the Alpha Merino Air can handle it all. Using the latest and most advanced version of Polartec's renowned Alpha insulation, and adding merino wool, the Alpha Merino Air jacket punches way above its weight in warmth, breathability, and performance. Alpha Wool is used as interior insulation on the sleeve, front, and collar, while an outer softshell layer of Pertex Quantum Air provides an ultralight wind and water-resistant barrier to help trap heat while maintaining class-leading breathability. The back panel of the jacket is made from fleece-backed, Italian-milled recycled polyester to aid in breathability and mobility.
Our most technical riding jacket ever, the Alpha Merino Air uses our proprietary 3D patterning and carefully engineered on-bike fit for a streamlined fit that covers a wide range of temps and conditions.
""Velocio's Alpha Merino Air Jacket might just be the best winter jacket we have tried."" - Dan Chabanov, Bicycling
- Exceptional warmth-to-weight: warmth of a heavy winter softshell, weight of a long sleeve jersey
- Alpha Merino Wool insulation provides warmth without bulk and thermoregulation for a broad range of temps
- Pertex Quantum Air outer shell is windproof, water resistant, DWR treated, air permeable, and stretchy - the perfect balance of protection and breathability for a range of conditions
- Recycled Italian-milled, fleece-lined polyester back panel for excellent mobility and breathability
- YKK Vislon zipper
- 3 large back pockets
- Lycra cuff hem for low profile fit with or without gloves
- Extended rear hem for added protection
- Internal waist gripper with silicone stripe
- 3D patterning for perfect on-bike fit
Features and Specs
- Composition:63% Polyester / 33% wool / 4% nylon Shell: 50% recycled nylon / 50% nylon / ECO DWR treatment Back: 100% recycled polyester
Caring for your cycling gear properly will extend its life and maintain its performance, fit and quality. It's important to consider these instructions carefully. While we stand behind the quality of our apparel, not adhering to these instructions will void our warranty against manufacturing & defects.
We strongly recommend washing your new gear before wearing it. You'll find that your apparel will soften, and fit & comfort will improve after washing - especially with bibs & shorts.
Machine wash cool, 86°F (30°C) with like colors: Cooler temps maintain better longevity for your apparel. Like colors, especially lights, will remain more vibrant when washed with like colors.
Use mild detergent. Do not bleach or dry clean: Strong detergents & bleach can break down the fibers and elastane in the garment, dramatically reducing its life.
Close all fastenings: this goes also for other garments mixed in with your cycling apparel. Velcro closures or clasps can catch on stitching or trim and damage your garments.
Lay flat to dry. Do not tumble dry: Do not put your cycling apparel in the dryer. Even on low heat. Don't do it. Heat can damage fabric, elastic and heat transfer logos very easily. Lycra (Elastane) is used throughout our garments to provide compression and support and is susceptible to damage from heat and can irreparably damage your apparel.
Delivery and Returns
Free shipping on orders over $100, orders ship via USPS First Class 2-Day.
Returns are subject to a $5 shipping fee, click for more details.